Saturday, October 12, 2013

Artistic Love

As is often the case, relationships don't always work for many reasons. Sometimes it is the wrong person. Other times it is is the wrong time for the people to try to make things work. More times then people want to admit, they are clinging to something because they are more afraid of being alone.

My strongest relationship is one I've only recently been able to rededicate my time to and I couldn't be happier.

I've been in a relationship with preforming for, well, a long time. I'd celebrate my anniversary, but It's been an on/off affair for a bit so time is relative.

It started out being the tall kid who had to make the waves for the pirate ships to sail on. That was actually after I memorized everyone's lines in my kindergarten Christmas pageant. My preparation was in part because if everyone suddenly got sick and could not preform, I could totally pull off the entire show! Yes, I was that child.

For the past two years I've had the amazing pleasure of being a part of an award winning Vaudeville Troupe: The Dark Follies. They help to nurture my creativity and push me to be the best performer I can be. No wacky idea is too crazy for them, as proof by my lovely Chivalrous Shark. Last night was the fifth anniversary show and tonight is the spooky Darker Follies. 

I'm madly in love with preforming and specifically seeing something creative come to life. I've seen sculptures, dances, and music pieces take shape in ways completely unexpected. 

**********
Life is a lot like art is so many ways. We think we know what we want the finished picture to look like, but the process is not entirely in our control. We can get the right canvas, set up the paint, and then a cat comes running by knocking everything over a making blue paw prints over everything! We can choose to go with it or we can fight against the universe. Now, it is totally appropriate to take a moment to cry in a corner if you need to before moving on. That's all part of the creative process and it's unique to every person.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go dress up and play with a glow staff.



Check out The Dark Follies because they are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment