Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What is in a number?

I will NEVER be one of those women who clings to a scale like it is a plate of fettuccine alfredo with lobster. Mmmmm... Okay, I mean I have never focused on fitness with the purpose of losing weight and I'm not about to start this time. For me, losing weight is a byproduct of getting healthier. The numbers I truly care about involve speed, endurance, and lifting weight. *Note* Getting off my butt to get a drink does not count as lifting weight.

I must say, I do think I am in better shape than I give myself credit for. Again, trying to not be so harsh on myself. A LOT of my issues with fitness and health come from the asthma I developed once I packed on a few pounds. In order to get rid of those pounds, I need to work through the asthma. It's like working through the pain, but sounds less motivational and instead conjures images of chunky World of Warcraft players running on a treadmill. Or maybe that's just me.

So when you hear/read me talk about fitness, I don't plan to talk about losing all this weight. I want to RUN. That is one of my biggest and scariest goals. I want to be able to run for a while, like 10-12 miles. Psst, this may mean something.  I know this is an obtaniable goal, I just need to figure out how to do it without overdoing it early on and messing up my body.

Besides running, I'll also be working on my upper body. Why
  1. Because I need to have a strong upper body to play with my fire staff.
  2. Also, I really want strong sexy arms.
 That's my plan! Now, off to do something else!

P.S. I'm also aware that diet plays a VERY important part in overall health, and I'll write about that in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment