Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Age: just a state of mine

A wise man once said, "Nobody likes you when you're 23" and Blink 182 might not have been far off the mark.
Don't get me wrong, this has been an amazing year in so many ways, but I'm totally looking forward to 24.

First: A history of birthdays.

When I turned 21 I spent the day in Tokyo and took the bullet train to Kyoto with my college classmates.

When I turned 18 I bought lottery tickets because I was banned from preforming in my highschool's One Act theater competition.

When I turned 16 I had a fully body MRI and CAT scan to try to figure out what was wrong with me.

When I turned 11 I spent my birthday wandering around Vatican city and exploring castles.

When I was either 5  or 6 I went behind the circus stage and then got to ride a train around on stage in front of thousands of people.

This is the first year in a long time that I will be celebrating my birthday. Not on the day, but even celebrating my birthday is huge for me. I was talking to a friend, who I can guarantee is not reading this, who told me I should celebrate. My friend told me I should celebrate the fact that I've gotten to this point in my life. Period.
So I am.

I'm celebrating how excited and terrified I am of everything this year is going to bring. Just so you might get an idea of my life when I'm 24 I will:

-Present at a National Conference on the media's influence of the autistic stereotype. BY MYSELF.
- Run at least one (most likely 2 or 3) 5k obstacle course.
-Be in 2 feature length films.
-Take a more active role in the Dark Follies.
-and you know, co-author a book.

Yeah.
That's what being 24 will bring me.
I'm pumped.

It's my year in the Chinese zodiac and I've never felt more in control.
I'm praying to any deity so I'm not jinxing myself, but I'm feeling like it's going to be a wonderful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment