Friday, August 23, 2013

Dropping Shoes

Things have been going really well for me lately.

Like unusually well.

I'm one of those people who has had to work for the things they have in their life. I'm not talking about just financial things, but I've also worked for that as well. I've worked for my health, my happiness, and for my career. As you can see in my writings, I'm overall a very positive person with a shiny outlook on life. That being said, I'm not use to things being easy for me. To not have to work and struggle every day to be 'average' is a new feeling.

Please don't get me wrong and assume things are all 100% perfect in my life.

Currently I have laundry sitting on my floor that has been clean since Monday; I hate hangers for some reason and always have.
I have spent the majority of today on the phone with several people trying to figure out this whole "future" thing and I'm now even more confused.
I haven't gone food shopping because I am trying to convince myself I can exist on egg salad sandwiches and pasta until I plan my new week's grocery shopping.  If I don't have a list of what food to buy, I will walk out of the store with a bunch of random things and no meals.
Oh yeah, and I still can't balance my finances because numbers hurt my head a lot.

So with a bunch of 'basic' things still out of whack, why am I so happy right now?

Well, this moment right now will never happen again.
Yup, that's gone.

I'm not sure what is around the corner for me and I'd be lying if I said I knew. Things are changing in my life at an exponential speed and I'm just trying to make the most out of it. I'm enjoying every second of this ride because I honestly don't know what's up next!

When I was younger I heard the expression "Waiting for the other shoe to drop." As a very literal minded child, I had images of falling shoes when things went wrong.  One time my father and me went up on this cable car above a carnival. I had cute little flip flops and was terrified the entire time. I couldn't relax on the ride because I was afraid my shoes would fall off and ruin someone's day.

It's only years later I realize that by stressing over what may or may not happen, we miss out on the moment. So savor your ride and don't worry about losing your shoes!

1 comment: