Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's that time of year again

April is Autism Awareness month. It's both my favorite and least favorite time of the year. I dislike it when people talk about 'losing their children to the autism epidemic' but I love all the advocates and self-advocates who step up even more to speak positive messages about Autism Acceptance.

This month, I'll be doing a blog post a day related to Autism. I'll mix in news articles, programs, technology, stories, and coping strategies. The thing is, I want to know what YOU want to hear about.

As a mental health professional, a family member, a friend, and a self-advocate there are lots of things I am able to talk about OR I know someone who is able to talk about a specific area. *wink wink*

So stay tuned for an awesome month and feel free to write suggestions for topics in the page comments (I just figured out those exist) or post something to my Facebook page. As a reader, you'll also get some wonderful guest bloggers popping in this month.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment