Wednesday, February 13, 2013

VDay D day.

Tomorrow is an artificial holiday perpetuated by the chocolate industry. So I have plans? Yes, to model tomorrow night. My big treat to is buying the leftover  chocolate on Friday.

It's not that I dislike this holiday per say, it's just why spend your energy just on one day. If you care about someone, let them know every day that you care about them. I'm not saying text them every single day, I don't talk to anyone every single day and that's the way I like it. In a world filled with up to the second communication, when we are technologically connected to the entire planet, it amazes me when people forget to communicate.

When I say communicate, I mean talk to each other. Get off your phone with the texting and the tweeting and sit down with the people you love. This also, and especially, applies to family. I had tea and lunch with my mom yesterday and it was lovely. We can and do talk almost every day because she is one of my best friends. But even though we are up to the minute updated, it means something more to sit down and talk.

I was getting nostalgic earlier this week and missing my college friends. I miss walking down the hall with a bottle of wine just to chat. No appointments needed.

I think a bad thing about becoming an adult is that you need to schedule fun and schedule hanging out with your friends. Long gone are the days of meeting after the bus and playing until the streetlights came on.

As we grow up, our time is measured in Hours per Week. With most people working more than 40 a week, we need to remember time to play.

Play.
Talk.
Love.

What's so complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment