Sunday, January 18, 2015

Accessible Cooking: Crockpots

Welcome to this new little feature of my blog: Accessible Cooking!

The idea came to me as I was trying to grate cheese. When I took a break from almost skinning my knuckles (does this happen to anyone else?), I logged onto Facebook. 2 separate friends commented on injuring themselves using a specific cooking utensil. Very ouch.

Like most of my friends, I have limited energy but still need to make myself food on a daily basis. This series is going to be dedicated to time and energy saving ways to cook food or things relating to food. There may be an occasional entry about cute ice cube trays because (almost) everyone loves ice.

The first thing I have to mention is Crockpots, also known as slow cookers. This is one of the greatest things ever because you put in ingredients and hours later food is ready! The simplest recipe I know so far involves only 3 steps so it is ALMOST* impossible to mess up.
*Yet, it has been messed. Badly.

You can purchase a crockpot at various locations, including places that sell used cookware. I got mine used from a friend when they moved away, but they can be fairly inexpensive. In a quick search I found some as inexpensive as $15 all the way up to $175.

Another huge plus of this appliance is, depending on the size, you can make food for a few days. I will totally spend a little extra prep time in order to not think about making food for a few days.

Rating: 5 spoons!
Look, I can make food and still have the energy to clean up after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment