Sunday, December 1, 2013

NaBloPoMo

So today I am venturing on a new adventure as I am currently in a car venturing to Vermont (don't worry, I'm not driving). I'll be trying this National Blog Post Month and the theme for this is More/Less. I'll be having daily blog posts and when I get back to Maine, I'll be working on a bunch of new material.

Yay for writing!

Right now I'm riding shotgun in my Prius as my friend Jacob and I make our way East bound. We spent most of the day driving through the midwest and looking out at the farmlands.

It is always interesting driving across the landscape of America and seeing how it changes as the miles roll by. Soon the silos will give way to pine trees. The horizon will not be visible just across the land, but instead it will be behind a mountain. The smell of the midwest will give way to the cool ocean breeze and I will be back home.

This trip has made me realize more and more that home is where we choose to make it. It may be in a long familiar bed adorned with our favorite sheets or in an unfamiliar hotel room. Home exists wherever we take it and whoever we chose to share it with.

Here I sit in my car and doing my best to be productive as I'm listening to a new podcast called Welcome to Night Vale. I've had a few people recommend this to me and I am very into the humor of the show.

I'll be back with more tomorrow but tonight take care, be warm, and have grand adventures. Even if those adventures only exist in your head, have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment