Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Riding into the New Year

If I could have guessed where I'd be at the end of this year back in January, nothing could have really prepared me for the position I'm in now. Not to say there were not hints in my career or performance life, but nothing really pointing me in one direction. It was all up to me to figure out which direction to head towards and that's sometimes the most terrifying and most magical aspect of it all.
As the new year dawns, I can finally say I am excited for it. Change can be difficult for me and normally leads to stress. Worrying about losing things important to me has been an anxiety of mine for years. People naturally grow apart and closer with time, this is normal. Even though I worry about my future and work and relationships, these are all normal things everyone worries about from time to time.
I'm very fortunate to be a person with so many interests because I truly believe I can do just about anything. This can lead to problems when my directions split so drastically, I can and do get easily distracted. Though in all fairness, I think that is part of being a 24 year old. So I wrote things down for myself in my little planner, yes I finally got a planner and try to use it. These are my resolutions;
- I will challenge myself physically and mentally to become a healthy and strong person.
- I will focus on doing very well in Graduate School.
- I will make writing a priority for me and do my best to establish a career as a writer in this coming year.
- I will resume being involved in the local film community and try some photography modeling.
- I will keep my current skills fresh by dedicating time to practice and expand to learn new skills.
- I will work to foster new relationships and take the time to grow the ones I already have.
Each of those things can be expanded on, and will be, in the coming weeks. I've already been working on some of these things, but it's time to turn it up to 11 and make things work. My goals may seem vague to others, but they are written like that so I don't reveal everything at once.
To those who have been on this journey with me, stay tuned to see what's coming up next. Big things are happening in the world around us and this is a very interesting time we live in. I don't know where I'll be sitting a year from now, but I can only hope I'm as happy as I am now. I'm sitting on a train with my Vaudeville Troupe heading to Boston to preform for New Years Eve in the Boston Commons.
Remember, the new year is a chance for a fresh start. We have the ability to begin anew and be whoever we want to be. Embrace the new moon tonight and think seriously of what you would like to do in the New Year. Take care and treat each other well.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment: